Seat of the bishopric since the 15th century
The Ancient Fortified House
An important building complex dating back to the thirteenth century, Palazzo Bunej can be defined as a "fortified house" because it has numerous defensive works.
Even today, some original elements of the ancient structure such as mullioned windows, single-mullioned windows decorated in terracotta and sandstone and an imposing entrance with pointed arch can be apreciated.
The Two Towers
The original building was characterized in the past by the presence of two towers. The first was lowered following a restoration work; the other was reduced in 1814 by the Bishop, on the orders of Napoleon as a disfigurement to the city.