Enophilia

Cultural Spaces and Centers

dove è situato

Corso F. Cavallotti, 45

19th-century building

Seat of important Asti events


The Building

The building was built at the behest of the Prefect in 1872, and was established as seat of "Società Enologica Astigiani" (Asti Enological Association).
The facility of about 35,000 square meters, was located a few meters away from the railway and even had a dedicated internal track. After four years, the company name changed to "Unione Enofila" (Enophilia Union), and in 1888 it went completely out of business.

The Glass Factory

The property was purchased by Società Vetraia Federale Operaia and in 1906 it was transformed into a glass factory. 120 bottle makers worked here, engaged precisely in the production of glass bottles.
In 1989, the glass factory was relocated just outside the city of Asti, in the Quarto Inferiore sites.

Venue for Events

The structure later became a municipal property, which started a significant redevelopment work. As a result of these works, the space became an important cultural hub and venue for several events in Asti.